Saturday, March 20, 2010

Be Beautiful...On A Budget

     There are few things a woman loves more in life than good stuff for a great price. I am a self-proclaimed pincher of pennies; a chintzy chick...I don't really like the term "frugalista" (I can only picture that guy from 'The Frugal Gourmet' scouring Macy's) but "budget beauty" will do just fine. I must be fully persuaded that I will die without said item before I will shell out even $5. For me, this applies to makeup just as much as it does to clothes, shoes, jewelry and buckets of ice cream. Like all these things, sometimes more $$$ does mean better quality. In the makeup artist industry there are some products that work so well and are so reliable and that truly affect the artists quality of work so much that they are worth half a days pay. But a great deal of the time you can find less expensive beauty products that will give you the same beautiful look...and this is one of those times!
  
I'm sharing 3 of my favorite sites for buying affordable, quality beauty products. So, without further ado and in no particular order...

This site boasts "artistry brands at beautiful prices" and its the truth. Some of the brands they sell include Stila, Too Faced and Pixi. On this site you'll find items that top makeup artists have in their kits but the prices are almost always marked down by 50% or more.

e.l.f. (which stands for eyes.lips.face) is a brand that you may have heard of before. If not, you will definitly want to check this one out! They have an entire range of cosmetics available with most of the products costing only $1. That's right! $1! And they're sold at most Target stores too. I've purchased several things from e.l.f. and 9 times out of 10 I was very pleased. (The applicator on their liquid eyeliners don't work) If you buy just  one thing from e.l.f. it MUST be their eyelash curler! I don't know how it works so fantastically but it does. It's like a magic wand...and it's only $1.

Dulce Cosmetics
I recently discovered this website. Most of the products they sell are $10 or less. This site has great stuff for the younger crowd who maybe wants to update their makeup collection. A really good way to quickly expand your collection on a budget is to buy palettes. Palettes of eyeshadows, blushes, lip colors and concealers offer you a variety without the cost of individually purchasing each color. Dulce Cosmetics has a line of palettes and kits ranging in price from $8 - $18.

No matter what your beauty budget these websites will have something for you. I bet that if you rounded up all the change in your couch cushions you'd have enough for a shopping spree!

No comments:

Post a Comment