Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brown n' Out

Over the past few months I've discovered a new appreciation for brown mascara. Before, I would never even have given it a second glance. I only happened upon my discovery by sheer accident. I mistakenly bought one thinking it was black but decided to try it out. All of my makeup life I've only ever used black mascaras. Once I believe I tried an electric blue but that can be a little festive for daily wear! Like a lot of women out there, I have a deep love for mascara. Well, I suppose it's not the mascara that I love but the long, thick lashes that I love. I've tried so many different brands, formulas, brushes...you name it. But never once did I try brown. Brown mascara. Egh. Why would I? It's just brown, right?
But the truth is brown mascara is actually wonderful. Although it might seem boring or that its defeating the purpose of mascara it really does have some good qualities. For starters, brown mascara is terrific for women who have light hair and fair skin. On these people, a black mascara looks unnatural and can wash you out. If you have light blond hair with soft blond brows and jet black eyelashes people are going to notice that something is not quite right. A brown mascara is dark enough to give your lashes the same definition without looking fake.
But brown mascara isn't just for the blonds. It's also for you ladies out there who aren't all that into makeup. It's a user friendly beauty product and is so subtle but is still very effective in opening up your eyes. Also, you can change up your eye makeup looks with this much neglected product just as you can change up your look by changing the color of your lips or the shape of your eyeliner. Brown mascara is great for a "no-makeup makeup" look or when you're trying to achieve a sun-kissed, beachy look or just to add a subtle softness to any look be it daytime office looks or a whimsical evening look.
When you wear brown mascara you still get long, thick lashes...they just look like they might be the lashes you were born with. And nobody needs to know otherwise...

Trina's Current Favorite: CoverGirl Lash Blast in Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment